Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!




In our little neighborhood every year there is a quaint little community parade. All the local schools participate in it, and the Mayor usually is in it. All of our neighborhood start saving sidewalk seats the night before the parade.................Not our family though. No we decide it is best to sleep in, and go to the club to go swimming. We usually get there about 9:30 with no one there except the lifeguard. It is awesome. My kids think it is pretty cool to have the whole swimming pool just to our family. We swam for awhile, then we played a mean game of put-put golf (Dad coming in first, Elijah closely following, Ethan was next, and in a distance last place....you guessed it me)! Olivia would probably have won, but by round 7 she said that she was done. We swam some more and had a great time. We went to the Library late tonight and watched the fireworks. Ethan particularly loved the fireworks. Elijah and Olivia both wanted to go swimming, but Ethan said we can go swimming anytime of the year, but we can only see fireworks once a year. After the fireworks we went back to the club to swim for 40 minutes before it closed. I love the 4Th of July, it is one of my favorite holidays!

7 comments:

Pyatt said...

Sounds so fun!!! I love this holiday too...the whole day is spent outside and it's so great to end it with fireworks outside...I'm with you Ethan!!

Heather said...

Missy - Sounds like a fun Fourth! I can't believe that yuo had the pool all to yourself. Lucky family!
I am still checking on you from far away!:0)

Michelle Blair said...

Sounds way better than what we did! We need a pool!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Sounds like fun! miss you guys, lots of love

dave said...

Okay--you need to blog your new paint job!! :)

Larson Family said...

Missy, Sea World looked so fun! I've heard of the dolphin experience- But not the WHALE experience. It acutually looks very dangerous for the children to be in the water with a Great White Whale!! Your lucky to have had a camera to document such a close encounter!
R.L.

Larson Family said...

That was Richard, not me. :) I guess he had the urge to get even w/ James.