Tonight we went to Elijah's Veteran's Day Choir Program. All the local schools came with their choirs and they sang songs to honor the Veterans in our area. The very last song that all the choirs did together was a medley of all the Armed Services Songs. As each song was sang, the Veterans for that particular branch would stand up. It was the greatest feeling to have everyone clap so hard and honor these people who have served our country. We are grateful for all those who so selflessly serve in the military. We are so grateful to live in an area that has such a large military presence, Army, Navy, Marine Corp. What a blessing to rub shoulders with these military families. By the way, Elijah's choir did great. He is really enjoying it! Caitlyn and Gabby were awesome too!!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
How funny - I am doing the exact same post! Wasn't tonight so great!
I loved it!
That is awesome...I still love the night when we went to the base and Elijah told the soldiers at the gate to come home safe and they all stood at full attention to salute the kids...still brings tears to my eyes!!
Melissa I haven't checked your blog for far too long....I had to catch up on like 90 posts. It is too bad that I have to read your blog to find out what you are doing 1.5 miles away:(
Especially glad to hear about your Dad's health. That is wonderful news.
Post a Comment