October is such a fun month, your favorite month of the year. It's that special time when you would get out all of your favorite decorations and put them up in your adorable home. You loved everything Halloween. I love it too! I have loved putting up all the things that you loved. Ethan especially loves each thing. The day I put them up, he walked into the house and said "it's my time of the year!" Thank you for telling me that you wanted him to have them.
A funny thing happened a few weeks ago. Kevin and Tammy were over and as they were leaving, Kevin grabbed a handful of candy corn from your Cat Jar.....they were your candy corn. Heaven knows how old they are. I just didn't want to throw them away. Kevin immediately spit them out and told us how hard they were! I know you were probably laughing!
I had two dear friends that contacted me today. They both mentioned seeing Halloween decorations and thought of you, and wanted to know how I was doing. I haven't really responded to them yet because it is so difficult. I miss you and yet I am trying to enjoy this month. I wish you were here.
I posted a few pictures of your decorations. I have added a few new decorations, and have tried to make sure that they are up to your standards. Last year Mom, Dad, Tammy and I went to a store and were amazed to find a Haunted Village. Our thoughts immediately turned to you and how you would have loved it. We decided at that moment that I was to collect a piece of it each year in your honor. Tammy bought the first piece, and the rest of us have added to it. I wish you could see how Nora loves to look at it. For a little girl who doesn't sit much, she can stare at it for a solid 15 minutes. I can't wait to watch this village grow in the years to come!
Happy Halloween Samantha!








3 comments:
Melissa...thinking of you!!
mmm, i love this. i miss her too, but i am so glad that when we come to your house there are always bits & pieces of her. she really does have the cutest halloween decorations & they look adorable in your house. :)
love you mimi.
Oh, Melissa, this is such a sweet tribute to Samantha. I love the idea of building the Halloween village in years to come in her honor.
Thinking about you. XO
Post a Comment