We went up to Colorado to my parents' cabin. The kids always have the best time when we are there. James was able to go with us, which he usually doesn't have the time off to do. So this time we did the things that James says he has been waiting seven years to do.
We stopped at the Continental Divide and Olivia got out of the car, in the crazy wind, to take a picture. It is here at the Continental divide that the Western Hemisphere is divided from Alaska all the way down to South America. There was still quite a bit of snow left. Ethan was brave enough to get out of the car for a picture.
It is so pretty up in the mountains right now. James and I were talking on the way up how we love to come up to the cabin during each season. Right now, it is so green and beautiful. James wanted to stop at the scenic overlook to take a picture with Elijah.
At the bottom of the mountain there is a beautiful waterfall and every time we drive past it James always says he wants to hike up to it. The kids are always anxious to get to the cabin they always say no, but not today. We stopped at the waterfall and began to hike. It was very windy, but we did it, we got as high as you could go. When we were almost to the very top, Ethan had a small accident. He slipped and completely scrapped up his leg. It was pretty bad, bad enough that we were debating whether or not to take him to the doctor. We quickly took some pictures and hiked back to the car. James cleaned him up and decided he was going to be okay.
I love hanging out with these kids. Today was one of those days I hope I always remember. Doing things together, laughing, talking and singing in the car. I am grateful to be the mother of the three best kids in the world!!!








1 comments:
So beautiful. What a nice little trip and i'm so jealous you are done with school. just did my first, and last fund raiser with the FFO. Blah. I don't like ranch round up now.
Post a Comment