A couple of weeks ago, I got an invitation for a good friend's birthday party in San Diego. James knew that I was missing my friends and immediately told me that I should go. I have the best husband. He bought me a ticket and I was off.
I got into San Diego late afternoon on Friday, spent some time with Park and Sybil, and then I met some girlfriends for dinner. We went to one of my favorite restaurants ever...Domenics. We had a great time laughing and talking...probably too much, because the waiters started to clear our table (a subtle hint that it was time to leave). I then went over to Cara's house to help support her in her party preparing endeavours.
Saturday was a busy day also. I started the day with Julie walking the lake. I miss this tradition. We had a great time catching up. I spent most of the morning with Sybil. She is always so kind to me, and it was wonderful to sit and talk with her. The rest of the day was spent running to the mall, meeting friends, getting bundt cake, going to see Jamie's house, and going to Heather's party. I loved every minute of it.
I was able to go to church, our "old" ward on Sunday. It was strange to go there, because I didn't know 80% of the people. It made me realize that I have my own "new" ward, "new" home, and a "new" life.
The weekend went way too fast, so fast that I was only able to take two pictures. One of me with my bundt cake (to make my kids jealous), and a picture of the ice cream bar that Cara did. She is amazing, anything she does is perfect!










0 comments:
Post a Comment