I have so many things to catch up on, and will continue to avoid them, but I would be sad if I didn't mention my good friend Sandy Gladden.
Sandy has been my visiting teacher for the last two years since I moved to Farmington, she is also one of my good friends.
When it comes to visiting teaching, I am the one person who is always saying; "I'm fine, don't worry about me", or "you don't need to come see me, I'm okay". None of these words meant anything to Sandy. She was faithful every single month to come by and see me. She would always bring me a small gift too. Her favorites were candles, and I still have many of them. They are so beautiful that I have a hard time lighting them...silly I know.
Sandy would always bring a wonderful message too. She shared many personal experiences that I will always treasure. I can't number the times that she and I cried together. Sandy had a way about her were she could empathize with anyone. She took particular care of me because of the death of my sister, Samantha. She always would mention her, ask how I was feeling, and would go out of her way to make sure I was okay on our birthday. The last birthday card I received from her mentioned that Samantha was being well taken care of in the arms of angels.
Sandy passed away suddenly on August 9th at the age of 62. Just that Sunday, two days before she died, she bore her testimony, told her family how much she loved them, particularly her husband, and thanked Heavenly Father for all of her blessing. What a wonderful example she is of living the gospel!
I am grateful for the lesson that she taught me about visiting teaching, for her example, and especially for her friendship. I have learned so much from her, and will strive to be more like her. I am grateful for the knowledge that just like she wrote to me about Samantha, she is in the arms of angels now.
Sunday, September 4, 2011
So glad to have known Sandy Gladden
Posted by MBlairsLars at 11:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment