Monday, November 14, 2011

We are grateful that we accomplished our goal!

We did it!!!
We finished the Book of Mormon tonight!  It has taken us I'm not sure how long, but we finally finished it.

A long time ago, I remember sitting in Sister Jensen's living room.  I was newly married and for some reason, I think that I was there visiting teacher her, we were talking about how she and her family studied the scriptures together.  She told us that she read to her children every morning while they ate breakfast.  I thought that that was a great idea, and I filed it away in my memory.

Once I had children, and I knew that we needed to start reading the scriptures as a family, I remembered the words of Sister Jensen and began to read over breakfast.  At first we used the animated scripture books, then we graduated to the illustrated version (The 16 volume set).  I know I read each of these different sets several times, but the time came that I knew it was time to read the real thing.

And so our journey began, and I feel pretty good about accomplishing it.  We celebrated tonight by cracking open a bottle of apple cider, and toasting to our favorite Book of Mormon Prophets.  It was a pretty good night!

0 comments: