It's been awhile since our last post and much has been happening. Over the Christmas Break we have experienced many things from our pet fishing dying (yet another funeral), to going to New Mexico for nearly two weeks, to our latest the annual Pinewood derby. Here are a few of our pictures.......

This has to be one of the funniest, I'm sorry for saying it, but funniest stories of our New Mexico trip. Poor Ethan slept on my Grannie's sofa and woke up the next morning screaming. He has slept with his neck kinked and was screaming with pain. After yelling at him to stop yelling, it took me a couple of Tylenol and half an hour of rubbing his neck before he could partial move it. Later that night, we went to the mall and saw this little lady giving massages. James actually paid $20.00 for her to rub Ethan's neck for 10 minutes. What a great Dad....now if I can only complain of a back problem maybe he will get me a massage...I doubt it.

James and Kevin took the kids sledding while we were in New Mex and although the snow was melting rather fast, they were able to get a couple of good runs, with some great crashes.


We had fun playing with the cousins and of course playing Guitar Hero...Olivia is a born rocker!
The trip was great, but went way to fast. We can't wait to get out there again and soon. We came home to a house that needed much attention and many hours of man work. I, yes that is singular as in me, re stained the deck. It might not be up to James' approval, but I did it and I think that it turned out great!

And to finish this post, here are two last pictures from tonight's Pinewood Derby. I was way to busy talking to my friends Cara and Amy to take pictures......insert "Great Mother Award" here, but here they are.....


From what I gathered, in between breaths, Oliver came in 4th.....Ethan came in 8th. Thanks Poppy for helping Ethan with his car, we couldn't have done it without you......James has yet been able to do 1! We love you though James.
7 comments:
Oh Melissa--thanks for the chat yesterday...I'm glad you can take a minute to breathe right now...hang in there and I'll see you next week!
PS--this is really Jamie
Miss - i love the blog catch up and I laughed out loud at little Ethan and his neck hurting! Poor kid!
Your deck looks great - how did the caravan go yesterday?
MIMI! holy crap its a new post! I am ready for you to be back out here in NM, and I am pretty sure that Jamie-Poo is ready too :) love ya!
p.s. the deck is looking good!
You're alive! I can't belive it. We have missed your posts. Glad to see the catch up. Good job on the deck!
I'm not sorry i missed the pinewood derby. lily and i had a nice quiet evening at home. did you survive tuesday? i saw the house on realtors. looks good.
Those snow pictures are soooooo cute! You are a great photographer. you must be exhausted from everyhting you are doing, take a break soon!
Post a Comment