Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Worst Phone Call in my Life!


I just have to vent, because I can't stop crying. I got a call (from an automated service) about 20 minutes ago from my kid's school saying that Ethan wasn't at school. I just freaked out and called the school and told them that he went to school this morning. They put me on hold for what seemed like eternity and came back on the line and told me that they were still checking! I told them that I couldn't wait and that I was on my way to the school, they told me to hold on, that it was best just to stay on the line. It took them awhile to come back and tell me that he was in the library with his class and that they had accidentally marked him absent. The teacher just called me and told me she was sorry. What a nice way to start the day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

girl - I literally felt sick when you called me and told that about Ethan and I am dying over that picture of my little ethan! What a scare!

Rach said...

that happened to my sister 2 years ago. she said it was the hardest 20 minutes of her life. i lost my kids on monday. they walked home on monday without me and i was still waiting for them at school. much panic until i got home and found them there. then it was anger.

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Holy Crap
Sounds like that happens a lot it just happened to my friend Scary Scary
so glad that he was ok
sarah

breezy said...

That's terrible. I'm so glad it was a mistake though!!!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Missy you give me too much credit! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm sure going to miss you. I'm very excited for you, I think your going to love it! We can't wait to come and visit you guys. We want check out the the indian ruins with you and your kids and I want to see your awesome family. I love your parents I hope your dad is doing well. Katy's baby is so cute! Hope to see you before you go! Lots of love Lope'z