My day did not start out the best....I had just finished getting the kids dressed and ready for school and we were almost out the door, when I heard Ethan crying. I went in the living room to see what was the matter and discovered a disaster. Ethan and Elijah had leaned up against the fireplace glass with their winter coats on. The nylon (aka plastic) had melted all over the front of the fireplace and their jackets were ruined (btw, I just bought them....of course). Ethan, for sure got the worst of it, it even burned a hole in his shirt. In their defense, it was 8 degrees outside this morning! Here are a few shots.I spent all day trying to clean it up. I searched the Internet and was surprised to find that other people have had this happen to them. It is not 100%,clean but I am willing to settle for 90%. Not only was it on the fireplace, but after smoke was billowing from Ethan's back, he practiced his "Stop, Drop, and Roll" technique and got it on the carpet. I am just happy that none of the children were burned and our house is still standing!








5 comments:
That is hands down the BEST ever family picture of you guys! I love it!
holy smokes - no pun intended - but I can not believe that the boys didn't get burned in the process!
Your house looks super cozy and Christmasssy!!!!
I'm glad you can laugh about it now. I can't belive the damage. Your house looks great. You and Tammy tie with the decorations. Your just lucky I don't have mine up. :)
i read this post to paul & we laugh pretty hard... especially that ethan stopped dropped & rolled. he is one smart kid. we love you mimi! merry christmas!
I totally love your family picture. I'm totally sick about the jackets and carpet and fireplace!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!
that was a little funny. just one of those freaky things. how are the boys staying warm now. 8 degrees!!! so cold. you need to move back.
Post a Comment