Every year we put up our Christmas Advent Calendar, and the kids love to see what is going to happen every day.
Here is a run down of what we have been doing!
Day 1: To start of the season we made a stop at Starbucks for the kid's favorite Hot Chocolate with Peppermint. I have admit this event will be repeated on our Christmas Countdown....Even I love the Hot Chocolate.
Day 2: We read, as a family, a wonderful Christmas story called Silent Night, Holy Night. It is about English and German soldiers who stop to celebrate Christmas amidst a war.
Day 3: We were suppose to go to downtown Farmington (a three minute drive) to see the "Parade of Lights". The kids vetoed me and flatly refused. I don't really blame them, it was 12 degrees outside.
Day 4: We went to our wards Christmas Party. It was great! My sister Tammy was in charge and did an excellent job. It's weird not to know everyone in our new ward like we did in San Diego, but they are wonderful people and we look forward to getting to know them better.
Day 5: Last night we went to the college here where every year they put out luminaries. You can either drive or walk through the college. There were over 27,000 luminaries and it was BEAUTIFUL. We walked through the college and listened to the music and drank hot chocolate. Thanks Gavin and Michelle for taking us! Here are a few pictures.
After the college, we went to the cemetery (I know it's weird), but they do the same thing as the college. They had the whole cemetery lite up with luminaries. We took a Christmas Tree, and a Poinsettia plant to put on Samantha's grave. I know it sounds strange, but it was also beautiful.
Day 6: Tonight, (after accidentally missing the 1st Presidency's Broadcast) we watched the video "Joy to The World". What a wonderful way to bring the true meaning of Christmas into our home. How grateful we are that we have a Savior who came to this earth and prepared a way for us to return to our Heavenly Father. It is a wonderful video and I recommend it to everyone!







5 comments:
We love your Christmas traditions!! I am so LOVING your cute new family picture too!
you are doing and creating the best Christmas memories for your kiddos! We are trying to do the same but man - it sure gets busy this time of year!
You have a busy month ahead of you. Thanks for going with us too! We had fun.
LOVE your new family pics. Who took them?
LOVE your family pick sooo darling I've got to get on the ball and get some photos taken :) Your such a good mom Seriously I'm just trying to keep them dressed..
Post a Comment