Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Hitting Game and the The Hunger Games

I think that I have successfully ended the hitting game that has plagued my family for months. The kids have been playing "who can get the last hit" for quite some time and I have finally reached the end of the rope. The crying, the whining, the running, the screaming.....all over who hit last.... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! The biggest culprit......sweet, dear, Olivia. Ethan will be lying in bed on the edge of sleep, when wham, bam, she sneaks in to give him the last hit. This leads to Ethan screaming and yelling, and tattle telling. Yesterday Olivia pushed me over the limit....no beatings, no yelling, just a simple taking away of a precious play date, and finally an end to the game.....I hope it lasts!


On a side note, I just got done reading The Hunger Games. It is our February Book Club book. It was absolutely riveting, and page turning. Michelle, my sister-in-law, and James have been trying to get me to read it for months, but after reading the description.....I said no thanks. Well since it was for the Book Club, I finally buckled down and read it....IN ONE DAY. I can't wait to start the next one in the series...Catching Fire by Suzane Collins.

8 comments:

Kerri said...

The hitting game sounds like it would be totally crazy-making. Hunger Game...I LOVED it. Such a totally intense read. I liked Catching Fire, too.

katie mcphee said...

ah! the hunger games!!!!! i loved this book.. catching fire is equally as good... i am only a quarter of the way through. yeah for book club :)

Rach said...

i have been ordered to read it, but i won't until the series is done.

Unknown said...

You are very welcome, dear sister. I am so happy you like the book I picked! Hearts, Tam

Michelle Blair said...

I didn't know you had a family game going on. See you need to trust me about books. Glad you liked it.

Heather said...

I have been told soo many times to start that book - I trust you that I need to. I just finished Sarah's Key and now I am reading The know It All - super funny!
Love ya tons!

ChristopheRobyn said...

I've heard that book is really good--I put in a request for it at our library a couple days ago...I'm number 43 in line for it...at that rate it may not become my turn for it before we finish medical school. Yikes

Amy said...

I'm not letting my kids read this post. It would give them bad ideas.