Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Bloomfield Family

One thing that made me nervous about moving back to Farmington, was the fact that nearly everyone is somehow related to our family. I often joke that half the town is family, but I think the truth is that nearly 3/4 of the town is!

While at Brother Hatches funeral I had two different people come up to me and tell me how we were related. I called my mom up and laughed with her, because that is something that would definitely NEVER happen in San Diego.

As I have been able to serve in the primary in our ward, I have gotten to know the Wolfe Family a little better. Sister Wolfe has been very kind to me. It was such a neat surprise to find out that we shared the same birthday! It was even more special to find out that we are related.

Sister Wolfe, and her daughter Jackie Montgomery invited our family over for dinner this last Sunday. Sister Wolfe brought out her genealogy, and showed me that my Great Grandpa Bloomfield, was a brother to her Grandmother. She told me many stories of Uncle George (my Great Grandfather). I knew he was a very special man, and it was neat to hear her stories. It really makes your genealogy come to life when you start learning about who these names actually belong to.

I have to say that now that I am here, I no longer fear finding out how I am related to people! I find it quite interesting, and am learning about my ancestors and how important they were in the four corners.

0 comments: