Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Tea Party/Wild Roses


I got the best invitation to go to a Mother's Day Tea Party at Olivia School this last week. It was very cute.

Olivia's class performed some the best songs, memorized poems, and jokes! They served us the best punch, and cookies too.

Thank you Olivia for being my daughter! I have loved every minute of being your mom!!!
On a side note: I just got done reading a book for one of my book clubs. It was called Tending Roses. There is a part in the book where the Grandmother is writing stories for her grand daughter, and she tells about how she loved to grow roses. One day a women shows up at her door and hands her a bunch of roses and tells her that her children had stole them from the grandmother's garden. The grandmother tells her to keep them as a gift. The lady then tells her that she doesn't have time to tend to roses because she had three children. The grandmother didn't understand that comment until she had her own children. She was no longer able to grow her beloved flowers until after her children all left home. Then she writes "the best times of my life, the times that passed by me most quickly, were the times when the roses grew wild".

I know that this is very mushy and sentimental, but I am making an effort to enjoys these days. I want to enjoy my days that my roses grow wild, which means not caring so much about the little things, and enjoying each precious moment I have with theses special friends. I love being their mother!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Whata cute Mother's Day! I also must read that book and dang if your blog doesn't get better and better!

dave said...

How cute that they do that at school no less! What a sweet post Missy...I need to get that book for sure! (This is Jamie but Dave is logged in!)

Michelle Blair said...

You have the cutest daughter. You have to watch what you say around town cause you never know which relative is around.