Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Piece of Me that is Missing


Dear Samantha,

It's been a year, yet it feels like a week. My heart is still broken and I don't feel like it will ever be healed. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you constantly. You will always be the missing piece that makes me a whole person.

I spent the day with Mom and Dad, my kids and James up at the cabin. We remembered you by planting flowers, and telling stories. It was a good day mixed with laughter and tears. We all ache and miss you.

I wish that we could have grown old together, that I could have been the aunt to your kids, like the aunt you were to mine. O the memories that we could have made. But I will remember the ones we did make. I will remember and look forward to the day when we see each other again. I love you Samantha....can't wait to see what you have been up to!

Your Twin

Melissa

5 comments:

Heather said...

That was so sweet! I totally know how you must miss her!

I love you!

Pyatt said...

I can't imagine what it feels like...but I'm glad you were surrounded by your family!! We love you...it was good to catch up with you the other day!!

Kerri said...

Oh, that seriously makes me so very very sad. I know how much you loved your sister, and now I know a bit of the pain you've been through this year. I'm so sorry for everything you've had to experience.

Lots of love.

Unknown said...

Missy, I had not read this post until today. I am glad you were with mom and dad that day. I keep wondering when I will be able to say I am thankful for this trial and for what if has taught me. For now it still hurts. I am thankful you are here. Sisters we are.....sisters we will forever be. She will be waiting for us to catch up to her.

About us said...

Sam was in our ward and she was a great person! I was thinking about her and went to her blog and found this one. I am glad to see a pic of her. I miss her smile and her laugh. My heart goes out to you.