THE FOLLOWING IS A TRUE, YET HUMILIATING STORY!
Last week in Young Men, the boys were trying to finish their communication merit badge. As one of the requirements, they had to send a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. His leader called me this Monday night and told me that Elijah's letter had been selected to be published, but that he had not put his name on it (this should have been my first clue), and would it be okay to publish it with his name. The naive mother that I am, I said yes thinking that Elijah is such a good kid, and he must have wrote something special! BIG MISTAKE.
On Wednesday this was the letter I found in the newspaper that had been published....
Dear Editor:
Are school bus drivers protected from being fired?
I go to Heights Middle School. I quit riding the bus. The reason why is every day the driver was hitting curbs and signs. We have complained to the principal, but they won't do anything.
Last winter, the driver got us stuck in a ditch. The driver is blind in one eye and drives worse than my grandmother. She threatens us daily. What can be done about this driver?
Elijah Larsen, 13 Farmington
I AM SO EMBARRASSED.....but they did spell our last name wrong, and he is not quite 13, so maybe I can just deny it!








1 comments:
That's a great story! Sounds like the bus driver needs to be fired asap!
Post a Comment