Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where to begin?

First off, I didn't get good phone reception in Colorado, nor computer service so for anyone who tried to contact us and didn't, I apologize!

Our Trip to New Mexico/Colorado was great. We spent the majority of it at my parents cabin in Colorado. James was able to join us up there and of course that is when all the fun began!




We had a great time horseback riding in the Colorado Mountains at Freeman's Ranch. I think that this was the kids favorite part. James insisted that the kids swim in the river, and I am pretty sure that they spent about 90% of their time in the Rio Grande!



We also went to Mesa Verde. James has been dreaming of taking our kids their since the day Elijah was born. It was quite the adventure too. If you haven't been, there are lots of hills, and ladders to climb, and it can be quite scary at times. We were in for a special treat while we visited Balcony House. There was thunder, lightening, and hail while we climbed the 36 foot high ladder. The poor kids were pretty scared, but it really is an amazing place.


The most important thing that happened is that my dad was officially semi-diagnosed. All of his test results were sent to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester New York. The doctors went through them and there is only one case that they have ever seen that is similar to his. They decided to label it as NK Hepatosplenic Lymphoma, although they are not positive he has it, my dad does not have many of the markers. He has started Chemotherapy, which will take four to six months, and after that he will have a bone marrow/stem cell transplant. So please keep him in your prayers!!!


5 comments:

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

How fun ! I can't wait to take our kids, but we will have to wait a couple of more years I forgot about the stairs and rope ladders. Glad they kind of know what is up with your Dad. We will for sure remember him in our prayers. Julia looks great, but not as good as James does! Way to go Elijah you are such a sweetheart, Lauren thinks that your photo is pretty funny.
We love you guys

Pyatt said...

Missy, Your dad is in our prayers and I hope the chemo helps!! We need to get together soon...btw...I tagged you...we love you and YES we are in escrow for sure!!! We just went through the appraisal and the inspection...talk soon!

Melissa said...

Glad we got to see you guys...sad that you are gone. Pat looks a little cold in that picture.

Amy said...

I remember Mesa Verde from when I was little...loved that vacation:-) Looks like you guys had a great trip and I KNOW that all the fun happens to start when James shows up...just ask any of the YWs who played human foosball...James is always the life of the party...and the loudest. Love you guys...even your crazy hubby.

So glad they are making progress with your Dad's diagnosis. We are keeping both he and Julia in our prayers!

Michelle Blair said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Too bad we had to start school and couldn't be there with you more. Glad you came to visit us. I knew James was still cross dressing.