Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Date????

Okay, James and I decided that since we couldn't remember how long it had been since we went on a date that we should try to see what it was like again. James got a babysitter and we set out. I was in charge of picking the movie, he was in charge of dinner. Well we had about 20 minutes to eat before the movie started, so we were limited in where to go. James chose Panera because it was the closest to the theatre. I chose the movie, and I chose badly. I thought that since everything was so gloom and doom like we needed a good laugh. We didn't get it though. We went and saw An American Carol. It was at times funny, but surely we could have done better with our $23.00.

The date wasn't all that bad. It was great to just hang out with my husband and not have to compete for his attention. We went by and saw his parents for a little bit, and then went to check on our sick friend Dave. It was nice to visit with them all.


We will definitely try this dating thing again. If I remember correctly we did it well once a long time ago!


3 comments:

Heather said...

You're busted! You should have come by my home to visit with me and Jamie! We were up late - it sounds like you guys had fun!
love ya girly!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Dates what the heck are those?
See you guys soon, lots of love

Michelle Blair said...

$23 bucks for a movies? That is crazy. That sounds fun. I guess us old married people forget what dates are.