Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Bittersweet Day





Friday was the last day that all three of my children attended the same school. I know that it sounds silly but it is crazy to think that they are getting older and my life is changing. Elijah will now attend Middle School, take a school bus, and will now longer watch over his brother and sister at the elementary school. He is such a great kid. Always doing what is right, always kind to others, and always thinking about what will be best. I love him!

His teacher, who he has only had for two months, wrote him this message on his report card...."Even though you just joined the class, I feel I know you very well. I guess it is because you are so well spoken & out going. Keep your positive attitude always. I know life will be good to you & expect you to do great things"!

I am sad to see this part of my life end, but look forward to the new adventures that we have before us.
Friday also marked the beginning of a 10 week summer vacation. My kids have never had a summer break this long. We look forward to many activities and adventures!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe that you are already in Summer full swing and of course Elijah's teacher wrote that about him! All of your kids are amazing!

Pyatt said...

YEAH!! Summer vacation means trip to San Diego right??? We can't wait to see you guys!

Michelle Blair said...

Yay!! School is out for summer!!! Lots of fun stuff to do, I think.

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

What? your too young! Seriously what is going on can't we just freeze them? next thing you know Elijah will be turning in his mission papers

Rach said...

I am so jealous summer has started for you. I hope during those 10 weeks you come and visit us. We miss you, or at least I do.