Ethan had a living museum at school tonight. Each third grader got to choose an American Hero to report on. As you approached each child, they had a button on their hand, and when you pushed it they told you all about who their hero was. I saw and heard about quite a few, Martin Luther King Jrs', Helen Kellers', Jackie Robinsons', but I only heard from one Brigham Young. That's right Ethan chose to report on Brigham Young. Ethan told all about Brigham's 27 wives and 56 kids, when he was born, when he died, etc. If there is a Brigham Young fact, Ethan knows it and is happy to share it. We are glad that Ethan chose such an honorable hero to report on. As we were getting ready to leave, he said that he wants to meet Brigham Young someday! We told him he will in a long, long, long time....
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Who is your Hero?
Posted by MBlairsLars at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Very nice. I would have left out the part about the 27 wives. THey don't even talk about it at the beehive house anymore.
That is such a cute story. I love that he is so proud of our history. What a great idea for a project sounds fun!!!
Talking about the 27 wives is awesome - it adds some spice and intrigue!
1. Ethan is awesome!
2. You look so pretty in that picture with him!
YOU ARE MISSED MY FRIEND!!!
What an AWESOME kid...I hope Mackenzie has that kind of pride and faith in her heritage!! Miss you!
Soo CUTE! Josh is starting his project where he has to give a talk and dress up also and he has blown thru Heros like crazy- each day this week its been some random WW2 guy or Civil War today its Col. Doolittle I think I need to step up my game I need to teach him about the church's heros-
Freak! where was i? oh yeah, my kid freaks out every night so i am ALWAYS at home!!!
ethan looks very Brigham Young in that blouse ;) RIGHT ON E-TICKET!
Post a Comment