Monday, June 15, 2009

Our First Four Wheel Drive Adventure



Our niece and her husband (Katy and Jeff) came down from Utah to hang with us. James has been dying to see his family and they couldn't have come at a better time. We have been having a blast. The other day we went out on our first real four wheel drive adventure. Jeff brought his Rubicon so we were all set. We first drove up to Silverton. The last time I went to Silverton was with James when we were first dating....it has been a very long time. We then went on a Jeep trail called the Alpine Loop. It was amazing, beautiful, weird, a total different world but all so exciting! We were in a forest at first, then ran into snow, and finally shear cliffs. We went on to Telluride, which we had never been to. It is an beautiful old town, with very expensive houses, breath taking waterfalls, and a whole lot of hippies.

Anyway....we had a great time. Thanks Katy and Jeff for making a memory with us.

6 comments:

Pyatt said...

I'm glad you had some visitors and it looks like you had some fun too!! We love you guys!

Heather said...

Those pictures are soo cool! I want to go there!
how are you cute friend? I am going to die without you around this summer!

Rach said...

Looks like so much fun. When are you coming back here for a visit. we miss you.

Kerri said...

So fun to read your blog, too! Thanks for the link! I love catching up. Great pictures.

Bob Jr. said...

James is putting on a little weight with all that "out door" cooking!!
Miss you guys - Well Missy and the kids - I don't miss James so much!!
RHR

Unknown said...

Hey Jimmy, is that you trying to hide the recently aquired weight behind those glasses? Not sure that they did the trick for you... don't blame this comment on Jared, it's probably his dad in law!