Where do I even begin......Tuesday! Tuesday my Dad went in for a blood transfusion and platelet transfusion. He needed to do these before his scheduled surgery on Wednesday. Well what was routine didn't end up that way. He felt a little funny when they started the platelets. He said his ears, throat, and head started to itch. My sister Tammy walked in on him completely convulsing and not doing to well. The doctors seems to think that it was a reaction to having so many transfusions, he is nearing 80 transfusions! Anyway....he spent pretty much the rest of the week in ICU. He had his spleen removed today and although he is in quite a bit of pain, we are hopeful that now his spleen is gone he will start to retain the blood he is making....Keep praying for him!!!Yesterday was James birthday. We had a great day together. He was called to be a early morning seminary teacher. He is very excited, but it all seems like deja vu! I know he will do a great job. He got all the things he desperately needed.....a new razor, sunglasses, oil key chains, and of course the books he has been waiting for. We had a family party for him that night. He was a little sad that his family wasn't here....I think he is slightly homesick for them all! Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband and father. James....YOUR THE BEST!!! We love you. PS thanks Annie for the cake recipe...it is the favorite cake in our family and we owe it all to you!!!
Today on my way to the hospital I got my mail and had the best gift waiting for me. Meri & Paco always seems to know when I need a little boost. They sent me a box full of candy (which came in very handy during a long surgery), a pair of earrings, and a beautiful wooden box that Paco made. I showed everyone I could at the hospital! Everyone was quite impressed by all the detail work that only a master could do. Thanks Meri and Paco for being so kind to me. I truly have the best friends in the world!!!
Monday, August 3, 2009
I'm Exhausted.....What a Week!!!
Posted by MBlairsLars at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Your poor dad! Give him our best.
JAMES happy Belated Birthday!
I hope and pray that all goes well with your dad - that picture is so cute of him....
and what will you be putting in your box?
Julie filled me in on your week. It sounds exhausting. That was a great box paco built. I sure miss those guys. I miss you too. WHy does everyone leave? Stay strong. Tell James he is old from me.
Holy Cow. I am so sorry about your Dad and especially that they are still trying to figure out the root cause of the problem. He looks like a great Dad, Melissa...giving the camera the peace sign while he's in the hospital lounging in his very stylish jammies.
Happy Birthday James!!! How funny...do you remember two years ago when James was given that blue Greenwich Village t-shirt for his Birthday that was "too small" and so he made up some excuse for it being too small and gave it to Scott? It so happens that Scott is wearing that t-shirt as I write this.
Great box from Meri and Paco. Liz and I were just talking about all our good friends who have moved from the ward in the last year:( Miss you guys!
WE NEED A FREAKIN UPDATE! C'MON! YOUR KIDS STARTED SCHOOL....WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS?!
Post a Comment