Where has the time gone....I just looked at my blog and realized it has almost been a month since I updated....so sad!!!
First off...I would like to report on my Dad. About a week after his surgery, his blood levels started to rise. He was at 8.7, normal is 14 units of blood in the average person. He came back for another appointment two weeks after that and his blood level was at 9.3. The doctors were very encouraged and didn't want to see him again until Sept. 15. We are hoping and praying for the best. They don't think he will ever be at 14, but we can always hope that he gets pretty close. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers....I know that they have worked, and I am grateful to a kind Heavenly Father for listening!
We made a quick trip up to my parents cabin the weekend before school started. We all love to go up there because it is so peaceful and beautiful. Here are a few photos:

Monday the 17Th started yet another year of school. Elijah is now attending Middle School (I feel really old), and his life as a middle schooler is far different then mine. He was given, by the school, an Mac Laptop for the school year. He brings it home every night and does all of his school work on it. It is pretty neat, and probably something that would never happen in California. It is also pretty cool that the parents are given passwords so that we can go online and check any of our kids grades online. The are posted immediately....WOW. My kids might not like this special feature. Elijah is loving it though. He takes the bus to and from school each day and really feels like he is maturing. We are very proud of him....He is A WONDERFUL young man.
Ethan and Olivia are still attending the same elementary that they started last year. They got great teachers and we know that they will have great years. Here are a few pictures of the first day of school:


It's great school has started again. This summer has been really rough and we all look forward to getting back into a routine. I know we are going to have a great new school year!







7 comments:
I can't believe how fast kids change...they just look older...we can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks...New Mexico...here we come!
Yay, it is about time you posted. It is good to see you in a picture.
Super cute post - gosh the kids look so big and I can hardly believe that Summer has ended for you guys!
How fun! Josh turns 10 today its soo sad they grow up way to fast! So glad to here about your father that is great news.
I can't belive how old your kids are getting! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.
Glad for the update. Fun pictures and I agree with Michelle....it's about time we see YOU in a picture. You look good.
Can't believe the Mac Laptop thing, well, yes I can. That's what they do in KS schools. But you're right...not in California....we're lucky they have proper textbooks:~)
Miss you guys and think of you often. Glad your dad is doing better.
I am so happy to hear about Bro. Larson's Calling. I KNOW he will be able to touch more lives like he did for me and all our Class. Thanks Bro. Larson!
Chelsea
Post a Comment