Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Rubicon is now a Rubic's Cube

I haven't been very good at updating my blog....it seems like something is always going on to stop me.





Last Wednesday 9/9/09 (someone said it is 666 upside down, I now believe it), I was dropping off Elijah at soccer practice, in the rain, and looked up to see a big truck fishtailing down a hill! It was like a slow motion movie. OOOOO NOOOOOOO NOOOOOO (I was proud of myself for not saying something else in front of my kids)! Needless to say I got hit on my side, then he bounced around and hit my backside pushing us into two other cars.! So dumb. Only $9000 of damange on my car (I mean James' car). Now my neck and arm hurt and the doctor tells me that I need to wear a neck brace for the next four to six weeks....URGH! We are also waiting for the young man's insurance to tell us whether or not he has enough insurance to cover the 3 cars he hit. I HATE DRIVING IN THE RAIN.
What's your best wreck story????
My Dad also got a check up this last week. He seems to be doing a little better. All of his blood counts are up except for his red blood cells. They have actually dropped. The doctor didn't quite know what that meant but we will see what it is again in two weeks.

5 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

I'm so sorry you are still hurt. Poor car. It will never be the same.

Heather said...

Your blog looks amazing! I need your help girlfriend!

I hope your neck feels batter once you get your sexy neck brace!

Amy said...

Melissa....didn't this happen a few years back with the old suburban? In the rain? What's up with you guys and the rain? So sorry about the injury to you and to the car but glad you are mostly okay...that picture of you and the neck brace doesn't really look like you...you've changed!!!

Rach said...

It never rains when it pours. I am so sorry. It doesn't rain here. I hope you are ok. i know it sucks to recover from an accident. Good luck.

A Wrinkle in Time said...

How scary!! I am sooo glad you guys are ok!! Love ya!