Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grateful Day 5 "Opposition"

I think today I have watched way too much news, and was feeling very down about things. As it came time to record what I am grateful for, I had to really look past all the negative things in the news and the world and what I came up with is....I am grateful for a testimony that I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I am grateful to know that without opposition I would never know the joy of happiness.

Just the other day I was grating some cheese and nearly grated off my finger. The first thing that came to mind is "why am always hurting myself" (too many accidents lately). Almost immediately it came to me....."because you would never remember what it was like to not hurt yourself". I don't know if any of this is making sense, but I guess when it comes down to it....I am grateful for opposition, because without it, I would never know happiness, and I do know what happiness is! Happiness is being grateful.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Melisaa - You are so dang cute - I just love you girl!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

Yes opposition rocks LOL its just nice when its over....